New York & New Jersey Car Accident Attorneys
Although technology has made many advances in the safe design of cars and roads possible, car accidents are still quite common. In fact, serious car crashes happen throughout New York and New Jersey every day. More than 1,600 people died in NY and NJ traffic accidents in 2011. Hundreds of thousands more were injured.
If you or someone you love was hurt or killed in a car accident, our New York and New Jersey personal injury lawyers can help you. If the other driver was at fault, you have the right to compensation for your financial and personal losses due to the accident.
Every car crash has its own set of circumstances, especially if serious injuries occur. It’s important to get medical attention right away for injuries, but legal guidance is also essential as soon as possible. Statistics show that accident victims who are represented by a lawyer receive three times the compensation paid to individuals without legal assistance.
Put the Ginarte law firm to work for you. Our car accident lawyers have more than 150 years of combined experience, and we use that knowledge and experience to protect the rights of car accident victims in New York and New Jersey. We can review your case for free. If we can help you, we receive compensation only if you win your case.
Just call 1-888-GINARTE (1-888-446-2783) today or fill out our online contact form. Legal help is within your reach right now from one of seven Ginarte O’Dwyer Gonzalez Gallardo & Winograd, LLP, offices in the Northern New Jersey / New York City metro area.
Common Causes of NY / NJ Car Accidents
Any kind of car accident can be devastating. Some of the more common causes of NY / NJ car crashes include:
- Drunk driving. Driving while intoxicated continues to be a top cause of car accidents in New York and New Jersey. Driving with a blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 percent or more by a licensed driver, or of 0.04 percent for a driver with a commercial license, is illegal. However, it is possible to have a lower BAC and still be impaired, making the drunk driver responsible for your injuries and liable for compensation to you.
- Distracted driving. This form of reckless driving has become a major safety threat. Although texting while driving and cell phone use are common forms of distracted driving, anything that takes your focus off the road falls into this category. Other diversions, such as eating, drinking, using GPS devices, tuning radios, CD players or iPod players, personal grooming and even talking with passengers could be considered distracted driving.
- Aggressive driving. When someone speeds, passes other cars dangerously, tailgates or races through red lights, they increase the chances of a serious car accident and risk lives. Drivers who operate their vehicles in an aggressive manner should be held accountable when their recklessness results in accidents that harm others.
- Drowsy driving. While it’s much safer to take a break whenever fatigue becomes an issue, too many drivers decide to stay on the road instead. Drowsy or fatigued driving is a danger to everyone on the road. Falling asleep behind the wheel, even just nodding off for a moment, causes many of the car crashes resulting in serious injury and death.
- Teen driving. Teenagers are new to the rules of the road, and their lack of experience often means an inability to understand dangerous driving habits. Teens are more likely to speed or drive while distracted by cell phones and text messaging than older drivers, which leads to high teenage driver accident rates.
- Vehicle defects. The safest, most defensive driver on the road can still be injured in a car accident if a vehicle has mechanical issues that cause it to crash. Defective brakes or tires, sudden acceleration or faulty design that leads to a rollover may be the reason a wreck has taken place, not driver error.
Help For NY / NJ Car Accident Victims
A car accident can be overwhelming on many levels. In addition to the emotional and financial pressures of any kind of car crash, you may have to cope with the anxiety of medical treatment for injuries while dealing with legal issues. But you don’t have to go through this stress alone. The experienced New York and New Jersey car accident attorneys at the Ginarte law firm are here to help with your legal issues so you can focus on your recovery.
We take the time to thoroughly investigate your case, and we’re willing to go to battle with any insurance companies to ensure that you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. You may be able to receive payments for:
- Medical expenses.
- Property (vehicle) damage.
- Lost income, including future losses.
- Pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages.
If a close relative suffered a wrongful death due to another driver’s recklessness, your family could receive payments to cover funeral costs and other expenses.
Insurance carriers are profit-driven companies that want to pay the smallest settlements possible. But at the Ginarte law firm, we care about your future and we know what it takes to rebuild your life after suffering a terrible collision.
Our team of experienced attorneys can guide you through the system and negotiate with the insurance company involved in your accident to see to it that you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries as allowed by law. If we cannot obtain a proper settlement through negotiations, we are prepared to fight for you in court.
Ginarte’s Car Accident Lawyers Can Help. Find Out How.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a NJ / NY car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your expenses and other losses. A Ginarte car accident lawyer can review your case and explain your legal options at no charge to you. We collect fees only after you win your case.
Call 1-888-GINARTE (1-888-446-2783) now or fill out our online contact form. We have offices in Newark, New York City, Union City, Elizabeth, Clifton, Perth Amboy and Queens and would welcome your visit.