New York & New Jersey Car Accident Attorneys
Although technology has made many safety advancements in the design of cars and the structure of roads, car accidents are still quite common. In fact, thousands of crashes happen throughout New York and New Jersey each year. A total of nearly 1,800 people died in both states due to traffic accidents in 2010. Thousands more were injured. If you or someone you love was hurt or killed in a car accident, our New York and New Jersey personal injury lawyers can help.
Every crash has its own set of circumstances, especially if serious injuries occur. It’s important to get medical attention right away. Legal guidance is also essential as soon as possible. Statistics show that accident victims who are represented by a lawyer receive three times the compensation paid to individuals without legal assistance.
Put the Ginarte law firm to work for you. With over 150 years of combined experience, our personal injury lawyers have protected the rights of accident victims in New York and New Jersey. Your first consultation is free. We receive compensation only if you win your case.
Just call 1-888-GINARTE (1-888-446-2783) today or fill out our online contact form. With seven offices in the NY / NJ metro area, legal help from Ginarte O’Dwyer Gonzalez Gallardo & Winograd, LLP, is within your reach right now.
Common Causes of NY / NJ Car Accidents
Any kind of car accident can be devastating. Some of the more common causes of NY / NJ automobile crashes include:
- Drunk driving: Driving while intoxicated continues to be a top reason for car crashes in New York and New Jersey. Driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or above for licensed drivers and 0.04 percent for licensed commercial drivers is illegal. However, it is possible to have a lower level of intoxication and still be impaired, making the drunk driver responsible for your injuries.
- Distracted driving: This error in judgment is becoming a major safety threat. Although text messaging and cell phone use are common forms of distracted driving, anything that can take your focus off the road may fall into this category. Other diversions such as eating, drinking, using navigational devices, tuning radios, CD players or MP3 players, personal grooming and even talking with passengers could be considered distracted driving as well.
- Aggressive driving: When someone speeds, passes other cars dangerously, tailgates or races through red lights, it can shorten the amount of time on the road. But this kind of behavior also risks lives by increasing the chances of a head-on collision or other kinds of serious crashes.
- Drowsy driving: While it’s much safer to take a break whenever fatigue becomes an issue, too many drivers decide to stay on the road instead. Drowsy driving is a danger to everyone on the road, frequently causing fatal car crashes and serious injuries.
- Teen driving: Teenagers are new to the rules of the road and their lack of experience often means an inability to understand dangerous driving habits. Their tendency to speed or drive while distracted by cell phones and text messaging leads to high accident rates.
- Vehicle defects: The safest, most defensive driver on the road can still be a car crash victim if the vehicle in question has mechanical issues. Defective brakes, sudden acceleration or a rollover may be the reason for a collision taking place, not driver error.
Help For NY / NJ Car Accident Victims
A car accident can be overwhelming on many levels. In addition to the emotional and financial pressures that appear after any kind of automobile crash, you may have to cope with the anxiety of medical treatments while dealing with legal issues. But you don’t have to go through this stress alone. The experienced New York and New Jersey attorneys at the Ginarte law firm are here to help.
We take the time to examine your case and we’re willing to go to battle with any insurance companies so that you receive the damages you rightfully deserve. If you can prove that you’re entitled to certain kinds of compensation, you may be able to receive payments for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost past and future income
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Furthermore, if someone you love suffered a wrongful death due to another driver’s recklessness, your family could receive payments to cover funeral costs and other expenses.
Insurance companies often want to pay the smallest settlements possible, never considering the emotional and financial devastation a car accident can cause. But at the Ginarte law firm, we care about your future and we know what it takes to rebuild your life after enduring a terrible collision. That’s why our team of experienced attorneys is more than willing to guide you through the system and correspond with the insurance company involved so that you can receive the maximum compensation for your injuries as allowed by law.
Ginarte’s Car Accident Lawyers Can Help. Find Out How
There is no charge to talk with our car accident lawyers. We collect fees only if you win your case. Call 1-888-GINARTE now. You can also fill out our online contact form or visit one of our seven nearby offices in Newark, New York City, Union City, Elizabeth, Clifton or Perth Amboy.